Blackjack is a highly strategic and mathematical casino game. Players at both brick-and-mortar and online casinos are constantly looking for ways to improve their chances of winning. Counting cards in blackjack in online casino Malaysia is a proven way to increase your chances of winning the game. Which begs the question: What’s the point? Is it possible to win a hand of blackjack without using card counting?
In addition to card counting, blackjack players can use several other strategies and methods to gain an advantage in the game.
Introduction to card counting
Blackjack card counters can keep track of both a Running Count and a True Count of the cards dealt with them at the table. It is possible to tell which cards have been dealt with and which remain in the deck with the help of an expert card counter.
The player will make strategic decisions based on the hand he expects to be dealt based on this count. Because online blackjack Malaysia is a math-based game, the right strategic calculation can give you an advantage over the house. Counting cards is a skill that requires a long period of practice. Additionally, it isn’t always applicable in online blackjack or multi-deck blackjack games. If you stick with it for a long time, it can help you win more often at blackjack. It’s a popular strategy since card counting allows players to adjust their wagers based on the cards still in the deck. Card counters are so good that they can even reduce the house advantage to zero in some situations.
Casinos have implemented various measures to thwart card counters, both online and in the physical world. Automatic card shufflers, which create a new deck every time they are used, are the most widely used measurement. Apps for counting cards in blackjack are rendered useless due to this.
The fundamentals of Blackjack play
Using a basic blackjack strategy is probably the safest way to maximize your winnings in the game. If a player has landed a good hand and the dealer has a bad one, the basic strategy tells them what to do. The casino’s advantage can be reduced to less than 0.5% if the strategy is implemented correctly. Here is a summary of all important blackjack strategies:
- On an 11-card draw, players must always double down. The only exception to this specific rule is when the dealer must stand on soft 17 in a multi-deck game, giving the player a slight advantage over the dealer’s ace in dealing.
- Splitting 8’s and aces, regardless of the dealer’s upcard, is mandatory for players.
- For the game’s sake, players should avoid splitting pairs of 5 and 10.
- In case the dealer’s upcard is a 2 or 3, players should hit a hard 12.
- With an upcard of 9, 10, or Ace, players should hit the aces 7 and soft 18.
- Only if the game is a single-decker and the player is extremely good at card counting should the player take the bet.